If you’re like most people looking to lose weight, you gained it in the first place because of work or lack of free time. You’re interested in getting fit and burning fat, but you simply don’t have a whole lot of free time to devote to exercise. Lucky for you, recent scientific research confirms that the fastest, most efficient way to burn fat, lose weight, and get fit is through high-intensity exercises. The
The name comes from Dr. Izumi
We now know that
1. Sprint for 20 seconds.
2. Rest for 10 seconds.
3. Repeat 7 times, for a total of four minutes of work.
And that’s it. It may not look like much, but rest assured that you will be doubled over in pain, sweating buckets, and gasping for air by the end of the workout. It’s only four minutes long, but it’s four minutes of the ultimate weight loss workout.
1. Uphill – puts extra focus on your thighs and glutes, plus you’re working against gravity.
2. In the snow – the only option for some during winter, plus it makes you work a bit harder to fight through the powder.
3. At the beach – reduces the wear and tear on your joints, plus you’ll be working harder to make your way through soft sand and up dunes.
4. On a trail – take the scenic route for a more pleasant workout, but be sure to watch out for roots and rocks.
5. On a treadmill – just make sure your flailing limbs don’t hit your fellow gym-goers.
6. With a weight vest – for ultimate weight loss.
But really, what makes the
For some other ideas on how to integrate