Despite the high number of people who fail to lose weight on the hundreds of diets which are on the market, losing weight is in fact rather simple. If you just maintain a proper lifestyle, you can easily see a gradual decline in your weight and fat.
1. Stop eating before feeling full – Most people make the mistake of eating too much at each meal. It takes our body a while to figure out that it’s full. If you stop eating when you feel that you’re just shy of being full, in about 20 minutes you will not feel hungry at all and you won’t overeat as much as you used to.
2. Drink a lot of water – Water is the elixir of life, but surveys show that most of us don’t drink enough of it. You need to drink 8–12 glasses of water each day. This will help to make you feel fuller, less tired, more energetic, and overall healthier. Drinking cold water is better for
3. Eat small meals – Eating too much is like walking with ankle weights: it’s just plain harder. By eating too much we’re burdening our body. All that it can do is to turn our excess calories into fat. The trick is to eat a lot of small meals and snacks throughout the day instead of eating 3 large meals like most people do.
4. Don’t eat late at night – Eating too late has a few negative ramifications: it makes us sleep less well, our body doesn’t handle food at night while we’re sleeping as well as it does during the day, and it’s easier to overeat at night. Try to stop eating at a reasonable hour, say 20-21PM. One trick is to brush your teeth early. This will keep you from eating again since most people don’t want to have to re-brush their teeth before bedtime.
5. Become a bit more active – Being a bit more active can help you to increase your calorie burn rate and lose weight faster. There are many ways this can be done. My suggestion is to find ways to incorporate this into your regular schedule like climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator, walking instead of driving or commuting whenever possible, and doing stretches and muscle flexes throughout the day even while you’re sitting down. All of these tiny steps can accumulate to a lot of burned calories.