Kettlebell weight loss workouts are effective because they recruit so many major muscle groups. This means more gets done in less time. If you have read anything about losing weight you know that a key to keeping the pounds coming off is keeping your metabolism high and the way to do that is by working more muscles.
Kettlebell weight loss workouts keep the energy high because you are always in motion. Instead of lifting and lowering weights (boring) you are swinging a kettlebell, which is basically a cannon ball with a handle.
Here is a quick workout to get you building muscle, spiking your metabolism and burning fat:
Start with a warm up. This could be anything from 5-minutes of jumping rope to jogging up the stairs in your house. Anything to get your breathing and heart rate elevated so blood is circulating through your body.
1. Perform a “Get Up with a Lunge.” Lie on your back with the kettlebell held in one hand over your chest. Proceed to “Get Up” by moving to a seated position and then to a stand. The kettlebell is held at arms length through the entire motion. Perform 6-8 reps alternating arms.
2. One Arm Rows. Stand with your feet at hip distance apart and slightly bend your knees. Bend at your waist with your back straight. Place one arm on a chair or weight bench for stability and hold the kettlebell in the opposite hand. Lift the kettlebell up keeping your elbow close to your body and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Perform 8 reps with each arm.
3. Side-to-Side Overhead Press. Stand with your feet hip width apart. Hold a kettlebell in each hand and position your hands next to your ear level. Press one arm up above your head then return to the start position. Repeat with other arm. Perform 8 reps on each arm.
4. KettlebellPass Between the Legs. Stand with feet wider then hip distance apart. Hold the kettlebell in one hand and bring it around the front of your leg. Reach between your legs with the other hand and switch the kettlebell. Perform 5-8 reps in each direction.
5. Kettlebell Swings. Hold a kettlebell between your legs with your body bent at the waist and knees bent. Your back must be flat. Swing the kettlebell back between your legs and then quickly forward to chest level. Keep your arms straight during the motion pulling power from your hips, and legs. Perform 8 reps.
Perform the reps for each of the 5 exercises moving from one exercise to the next with no rest in between. Then take a 60 second rest and perform the reps for each of the 5 exercises again. After you complete the second circuit you can either rest 60 seconds and repeat again or you can move into the cool down.
To cool down jog or lightly do an aerobic type exercise for 5 minutes.
Congratulations, you just performed a complete body kettlebell weight loss workout.