One month you will see a photo of a celebrity looking soft and pudgy. How is it that when it’s time to get down to business and get ripped for a new role, they show up in the best shape of their life, merely weeks later?
Here is one solution, a workout and diet routine that will allow you to get ripped in 6 weeks! Remember, you will use a program like this as a sort of last push towards getting into excellent shape for a specific event. Maybe it’s a wedding, a reunion, or even a role in a new action movie!
***REMEMBER*** Always consult your physician before starting any new exercise program!
The Get Ripped in 6 Weeks Program-
For this program, there are 2 rules:
- Never do the same workout twice
- Keep detailed records of every workout performed
The workout variety keeps your body guessing, while the detailed records allow future workouts to be precisely designed (weight/reps/duration of exercise/intensity) for best results.
The 30 minute Workout
Work out 6 times per week. 5 days of that are dedicated to the following 30 minute circuit, while the 6th day is used for an hour long trail run (assuming of course that your knees and other joints can handle it. If they can’t, try a long bike ride or even a long, strenuous hike/walk for excellent benefits).
Warmup – 10 minutes
If you have access to a good gym, use a concept 2 rowing machine to get warmed up. Rowing is great because it activates all the major muscle groups of the body. If you don’t have access to a rowing machine, try some body rows using a DIY suspension trainer and some bodyweight squats, doing small sets back to back to get the blood moving.
Moderate Intensity / Strength Work – 10 minutes
Next, do 10 minutes of one of the following options:
- Heavy (around 75% of your one rep max) compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, cleans, or bench press. Do no more than 5 reps per set, focusing on a few quality sets of one of these exercises.(If you don’t have access to heavy weights, try making your own DIY sandbag training equipment. $20 will get you some serious weight)
- Quick light-weight and/or kettlebell circuits. Bodyweight exercise routines are another option here.
- Heavy farmer’s walk/carries using large kettlebells or heavy sandbags
- Medicine ball throws (take some weight out of your sandbag for the same effect)
High Intensity Intervals – 10 minutes
This is the real gut-busting part of the workout.
Use medicine ball slams, sprints, rope climbs, pullups, hanging knee raises, burpees, bear crawls, farmers walks, front squats, rope pulls, weighted stepups, and many more exercises, all in one brief but INTENSE circuit.
These are just a few ideas, just try to mix it up every workout so that you don’t get burned out.
Get Ripped in 6 Weeks Diet Plan
Here are some guidelines to help you lose weight for your event:
- Don’t eat anything with refined sugar or flour in it
- Don’t drink alcohol or fruit juice (these beverages have a TON of calories)
- Drink around 1.5 gallons of water per day
- Record EVERYTHING that you eat or drink
- Eat a total of 2000 calories, spread out throughout the day in 6 meals
- Try to eat things like egg whites, veggies, lean mean, nuts, fish, quality protein shakes
Remember, don’t do an intense program like this for longer than a few weeks. You will likely get burned out and/or injured! Go hard, but be kind to yourself!