Motivation is the first step before starting any weight loss program. With motivation, you won’t be forced to reach your goal. Motivation keeps you moving during hard times. But what makes motivation very important in planning to lose weight is the power it could bring to make you overlook the pain associated to weight loss and to get you started right away.
Even if we know that losing weight will bring us several benefits and we have all the equipment to start right away, we still find it so hard to start. Have you felt like starting a journey to your ultimate goal but feels like something is missing? Or worse achieving the goal in hand but not feeling fulfilled? That’s the problem for most who are starting to lose weight. You fear that the effort and time that you have spent for this plan will be wasted or worse, you might realize that it wasn’t a good plan after all! That losing weight was just too idealistic and you can’t make it no matter what. This applies not just to losing weight but also in handling every day challenges. The hard part is knowing that the only person that’s stopping you is yourself.
Now we’ll work on that. Here are some simple yet powerful ways to motivate you to lose weight.
- Know why you need to lose weight. You might be following the same programs or the same goals with other dieters but reasons differ from person to person. Some people do it to be able to perform well in their job as dance instructors or varsity coaches while some decide to lose weight to gain confidence. When you determine the very reason why you need to reach this goal, you will not be finding yourself feeling lost in the middle of the program one day. Keep this reason in mind for you to remember why you need to persevere.
- Focus on the positives. The reason why dieters stop after a few weeks is because they think more about the pain they get from dieting than the pleasure they could get from living a healthy life. Instead of thinking this way, think of the pleasures you could get after your diet, your outcome, the confidence you could get and think of the pain you could get from not doing the things that you are ought to do. A bar of chocolate may give you a temporary feeling of bliss or pleasure but the calories can give you fat cells that permanently stay in your body especially that you’re not disciplined enough to do regular exercises. Yes, you can give yourself a break, in fact you need to give yourself a break. You don’t have to punish yourself to lose weight, because the truth is it’s not really hard.
- Set a realistic goal. You know what you want. You know that you want to look and feel healthy inside and out so you could give your peak performance at work and at home with your family. But what is your goal for this program? Is it in line with your ultimate goal? Do you need to have drop your waistline from 34 to 24 in two months to be able to feel healthy inside and out? Give yourself a goal that’s not hard to reach. The easier it is, the more effective and positive you are in reaching that goal.
- Reward yourself. In your 3rd or 4th week you might have seen some results or if not, you might have done the tasks that you never thought you could do. You must have stopped procrastinating and resisted a bar of chocolate. Now that’s big! These little achievements have given you pride. Reward yourself not with a piece of chocolate or something that’s favorable to you yet damaging to your diet plan but instead you could praise yourself or buy yourself something.
- Keep track of your improvement. Look at how you’ve developed. You must have toned your arms or lost a pound. Take pictures or carry with you a journal. Write your improvements weekly or monthly. What you’re writing is your success story in the making! Reading this during difficult times will motivate you to keep going and reminds you of how you’ve grown since you’ve started.
Be confident with your body and live a healthy lifestyle. Discover the fastest and most effective way to lose weight. Some people or programs might tell you that you can lose pounds in a day, that’s unrealistic. This report will really shed off those extra pounds, easily and legitimately. Click Here to see the report.